I don't think I did too badly today, though I didn't get to "exercise". I didn't get up early enough to try out my katas as a wake-up, but I'll definitely do a set before I go to bed. I didn't snack all day though, so that's a plus.
I had a glass of milk for breakfast and left-over Tuna Helper for lunch. Not too shabby. But then I went to a Japanese steak house for dinner. It was a planned outing with friends that was already settled before I made my resolve yesterday. I still did pretty good, though. I just had the fixins and chicken. It's grilled in garlic butter, true, but....
Oh, hell. I'm stuffed, and that can't be good. But I did try to walk it off a bit at Wal-mart afterward as I got groceries -- healthy, non-boxed stuff -- by hitting the grocery side, then picking up a few late Christmas presents for the weekend on the department store side, then remembering that I needed something else from the grocery side, and then remembering another present I'd forgotten. Sheesh. I made a good four circles around the Super Center.
And I'll do a set of katas -- maybe two because I feel guilty about the steak house gluttony -- before I hit the sack.
I haven't weighed yet, but I did weigh this morning, naked and post-potty break, and I think my starting figure should really be 293 lbs. If I can find some kind of adjustable graphic for the sidebar, maybe I'll put that as where I'm losing from.
Whew. This honesty stuff sucks. Haven't I ever heard of tact??
But I did drink a lot of water and avoided any snacking. I chewed one stick of gum most of the day to keep my mouth from complaining of lack of use. I find that if I keep my mouth busy, it doesn't want to munch so frequently.
We'll see tomorrow.
12.27.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! Arrived here via your post on Evil Editor about your writing professor who focused on brevity. I just wanted to offer some moral cybersupport on your quest to reduce your weight by half.
Keep in mind you are only reducing the weight by half, not yourself by half. And once you are there, you won't turn into something you don't like. That only happens in movies like The Devil Wears Prada.
I am also thrilled to hear that you've started with martial arts as an exercise form. You can do it anywhere, it does not require other people or a lot of equipment, and it has a serious focus on discipline and introspection if done properly. Plus, it's less boring than a stationary bike or treadmill and has practical aspects of self defense that aerobics doesn't. I've not done tai-bo, but I have in the past done bando (a Burmese form similar to karate), and it really is good stuff.
Anyway, I am impressed with your commitment to yourself, and I offer you my encouragement and support!
Thank you so much, PJD. I appreciate the support. I'm usually a militantly independent person, but I have to admit that I could use the support right now.
And I've always always wanted to get into the martial arts. Right now, I'm really too clunky to do anything too cool, so I'm happy with tai bo aerobics instead of real tai bo. Hopefully, by the time I'm down enough to move a bit more freely, muscle memory will help me out in whichever art I choose.
Cross my fingers! And again, thank you for the support!
Post a Comment