12.28.2006

Day 3:

292.5

Yup. Despite the indulgence of the Japanese steak house, I managed to end up down a half pound this morning. My body is weird.

But hey, a loss is a loss, even if it's inexplicable. So, I'm getting ready to do my tae bo aerobics -- even dug a pair of running shoes out of the closet that I bought years ago and never wore because they have arch supports...and I have flat feet -- and then make some dinner.

Speaking of food, I did pretty darn well thus far today. It's a little early to say it's in the bag, but as of right now, I didn't snack at all. I had milk for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch. I'll be having some hamburger-noodle-brown-gravy concoction for dinner. I know what you're thinking, but brown gravy has no fat and few calories, and hamburger isn't an instant no-no on a diet if you drain off all the fat that cooks out before putting anything else in there. And pasta? No fat, at least. Lots of carbs, but hey. Carbs are only bad for you if they're all you eat.

They don't call it a balanced diet for nothing. Plus, I've decided not to go the no-fat food route unless/until I plateau in my excercise regimen. I have no doubt that simply cutting out snacks and being more careful of what I eat on top of actually, ya know, moving my butt out of a chair will work for quite some time. I'll adjust when it stops working.

I'm nothing if not flexible.

So, in all, a pretty good day. Now, I gotta go sweat.

No comments: