291
I'm starting to see the wisdom in only weighing in once a week. The fluctuations are mystifying. I don't come even close to "healthy" eating or "real" exercise all weekend, and I lose 3 lbs. I eat more carefully and bust my bohunkus, and I gain a pound.
However, I bet that I'll have lost weight overall by Friday.
So, I think I'll do it that way. Not a daily weight posting, though I'll still try to blog about what I ate and if I exercised -- like I did tonight on this thigh-murdering step thingy of mine -- if for no other reason than to guilt myself into eating right and exercising.
Honesty is a bitch, I tell ya.
But I did pretty well again today. Two sticks of string cheese for breakfast. Yummy salad (with turkey and ham because I made it the night before) for lunch. Turkey casserole and a smaller salad for dinner and a piece of peanut brittle. I figure that, if I only eat a single piece a day, it can't kill me too bad.
Or last more than a week. Ha.
But no snacking today, which is good. No urge to snack, either, which is excellent. I tell you, this version of The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet really does kill the cravings that certain carbohydrates (not all carbs, though, so no Atkin's for me) start in me. I really do notice a difference, especially since I'm mildly hypoglycemic. Plus, I can have whatever I want for dinner, so I don't feel deprived of my beloved pasta. God, I love pasta. And bread.
Noooo. I'm not a carbohydrate addict. Whatever gave you that idea?
Anyway, I read TCAD a while back and the way of eating -- I hate the word "diet" because its definition has slipped from the actual meaning, way of eating, to the connotation, way of losing weight -- described therein helped me both lose weight and feel better. I sometimes have terrible sugar crashes where I just about pass out and get all shuddery, but I didn't have a single one while I tried this before. I was on an even keel for the first time in memory.
Unfortunately, it mostly requires fresh food, as boxed dinners and canned foods tend to have ridiculously high carbohydrate levels. Thus, I couldn't afford to keep eating so well. This time, I have a little different strategy: less is more.
Not less as in food portions, though. Just...different foods that tend to cost less. Hopefully, it'll work with my budget, which is always as tight as a pair of size 10 jeans would be on...well, on my thigh, because I'd never get them on further than that.
Yeesh. Thank God I'm trying to do something about it!
1.03.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Weekly weights is probably a more reasonable way to gauge your ongoing success. Keep up the good fight!
Post a Comment